Sherine’s invitation lost in the post?
Poor Sherine Abdel Wahab! At the glamorous Murex D'Or awards she had to put up with the presenter calling her "Sereen Abd Wahab" - thinking she was Sereen Abdel Noor. Now the singer's invite for legendary singer, Warda's, memorial service has apparently been lost in the post.
Egyptian journalist Wajdi Al Hakim had said that Sherine, Syrian singer Asala Nasri and Egyptian singer Amal Maher had all refused to take part in the memorial service for Warda, but Sherine strongly denied such allegations. According to her, she was keen to go but just didn't receive an invite.
During her recent trip to Tunisia to hold a special performance at the annual Carthage Music Festival, Sherine said that Wajdi never contacted her to inform or invite her to the memorial service. She added that Wajdi does not know her personal cell phone number to contact her in the first place.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Sherine said that if invited to the service she would definitely attend because it would have been a great honor to take part in such an event for a legendary singer like Warda.
- Run, Sherine, run! Egypt's unstability forces Abdel Wahab to move daughters to Morocco
- Sherine Abdel Wahab files for divorce
- True or false? Sherine Abdel Wahab secretly married to Mohamed Hamaki's manager?
- Paws off the Palestinian! Sherine Abdel Wahab hit with death threats over Assaf photo
- The saga of Sherine’s divorce continues