The stuff of dreams: amateur dancer busts a move with Bollywood movers and shakers
Twenty-year-old Sudhakshina Shivkumar was declared a winner by Indian director, producer and actor Sohail Khan at the final round of Shoe Mart’s ‘Dance Like a Star’ contest.
Sohail - who is younger brother to Salman - told Shivkumar that her performance was so good that he worried how about how the backing dancers would feel about having her on stage alongside them.
spent months rehearsing but I’m nervous about their reactions when they see you dance so brilliantly,” he said.
Sohail also said he is looking forward to seeing more B-Town stars emerge from the UAE.
“That’s the thing about shows like this - we get to see so much more talent,” he said.
The Ahlan Bollywood’ concert tonight at Dubai Festival City will celebrate UAE National Day and has been organised under the theme of ‘Spirit of the Union’.
- He's still got it: Salman Khan's Dubai comeback goes down a storm
- So you thought you could dance? Dubai's movers and shakers put to shame by TV duo
- Who says handicap can't dance? They've got smooth moves at Palestinian festival
- French researcher calls for encyclopedia on belly dance
- "So You Think You Can Dance"? Yes, say Arab dancers as they hot up the new dance competition