Sulaf Fawakherji accuses maid of trying to give her up to the FSA
Syrian star, Sulaf Fawakherji, has been Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad's, biggest fan for years despite the bloodshed in her own country. In fact, she even appeared on national TV last year to tell the world about her love of the dictator.
Now Sulaf is accusing her house maid, who has many years of loyal service under her belt, of trying to kidnap her and send her to rebel forces. It sounds like an outlandish claim but Sulaf is convinced and has formally accused her, according to a judicial source in Syria.
The maid's cousins are members of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the actress believes they were involved in the plot against her. However, the maid in question is not about to admit to any wrongdoing and has hired a lawyer to clear her name.
Sulaf still resides in her Damascus home and said she won't be leaving her country under any circumstance, unlike many other Syrian stars.
- Sulaf Fawakherji still stands behind her Syrian army...and their weddings!
- Sulaf Fawakherji serves up Syrian war defiance in “Waiting for Autumn”
- Sulaf Fawakherji denies getting cash money for her pro-Assad stance
- Sulaf Fawakherji booted out of Arab beauty contest in the final round
- Sulaf Fawakherji gives rumors the silent treatment