Shut up and let me go! Syrian actress May Skaf set free by military forces
Syrian military forces had detained Syrian actress May Skaf, who is known to be on the opposition side of the current government regime of President Bashar Al Assad. May was on her way home in the district of Mashrou' Damr near Damascus when she was arrested.
Upon her arrest, May was able to make a quick call to her family to inform them that she was detained and that all her personal identification cards were taken by security forces.
According to the Middle East news portal, this is the second time that May is arrested since the break out of the revolution in Syria due to her supporting revolutionaries and publicly announcing that she opposes Bashar Al Asad and his regime.
May was accused by security forces of being involved in several terrorist crimes, a matter that gave rise to sympathy towards her leading protester to organize a demonstration calling to set her free. May was named the "Celebrity of Freedom" by protesters.
May was released late at night the same day she was arrested.
A petition was created by 'Syrian artists and scholars for a free Syria' to show support towards May and was signed by a number of celebrities like Kinda Alloush, Abd Al hakim Qutayfan, Fares Al Hilo, Izzat Al Bahrah, Hala Umran and many more.
- You're under arrest! Layla Awad taken into custody by the Syrian government
- Syrian actress Raghda supports Bashar Al Assad, calls opposers "traitors"
- Mai Sakkaf arrested for joining protests against Bashar Al Asad
- A bald move: Syrian actress becomes first Arab to shave head for a role
- Jamal Suleiman’s parents’ home ransacked by military officials