Three Egyptian films to compete in Carthage Fest
Egypt will participate in Carthage Film Festival to be held in Tunisia during the period between October 18 – 26, according to the Egyptian daily al Gomhuria.
Three Egyptian films will compete in the formal contest of the festival. The films are, Asrar al Banat (girls’ secrets) directed by Magdi Ahmed Ali, Muwaten wa Mukhber wa Harami (a citizen, detective and thief) by Daoud Abdel Sayyed and al Saher (the magician) by late director Radwan al Kashef.
Out of the contest, the event will screen the Egyptian film Muthakarat Murahiqa (adolescent’s diary) directed by Inas al Degheidi and starring Tunisian actress Hind Sabri who also costars in Muwaten wa Mukhber wa Harami.
Moreover, the Tunisian minister of culture has decided to honor Egyptian film star Ahmed Zaki and to screen a number of his films within the frameworks of Carthage Festival – Albawaba.com
- 12 Arabic films to participate in Paris int’l film competition
- Paris Arab World Institute to honor Suad Hosni, Radwan al Kashef
- Hind Sabri Wins Best Actress Award at National Egyptian Cinema Fest
- ‘Citizen, Detective and Thief ‘ Wins Top Awards at Film Society Fest
- 7 Egyptian Films to Compete in Film Society Fest