Tunisia to embrace Int’l Symphonic Music
Tunisia will host the 17th International Symphonic Music Festival to be held at the ancient Roman Theater in al Jem during the period between July 20 – August 10, under the banner “Music and Solidarity”, according to the Tunisian papers.
The event will be opened with the Vienna Opera Orchestra which will perform various musical pieces by famous Austrian musicians, such as, Oscar Straus, Josef Lanner and Robert Stolz.
Also, musical troupes form Tunisia, France, Italy and Russia, will participate in the event.
The organizers of the festival supervised by the Tunisian minister of culture, announced in a press conference held Friday, that the proceeds will be allocated for the National Solidarity Fund which aims at developing the Tunisian remote areas.
However, July and August are the months to remember in Tunisia. The Carthage International Festival fills those months with music, dance and theatre performances at Carthage’s heavily restored Roman theatre. Also, the Dougga Festival of classical drama takes place in July and August in.
After the summer heat dies down, the biennial Carthage International Film Festival (concentrating on Middle Eastern and African cinema) takes place in October in odd-numbered years – Albawaba.com
- Boshnaq, Khouri and Fadel the Stars of the “Binzirt International Festival”
- Julio Iglesias and Najat Al Saghirah to Play Carthage Fest
- Azeris are in the house! Musician Alim Qasimov to join Iranian band at Carthage
- Tunisia won’t be getting an Asma attack anytime soon!
- 17th International Festival of University Theatre of Casablanca