US Shows Film at Cairo Film Festival
The United States has not gone through with its threat to ban its film from the Cairo Film Festival’s main contest this year.
Although the US has threatened to withdraw its participation if the festival’s administration does not remove the ‘Palestinian Intifada’ related movies; the show went on.
A Map of the World, was shown during the first few days of the festival.
The epic film talks about the Collins family who move to the reefs in order to get away from the hectic life of the cities.
However, disaster strikes when the young Collins girl drowns in a nearby sea; an incident that cuts the family in two.
The film stars various international names such as Sigourney Weaver and Julianne Moore. – Albawaba.com.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US Threatens to Withdraw Film From Cairo Festival
- Cairo Film Festival Donates One Day Proceeds to Palestine
- US Terror Attacks Keep Action Hero Glover Away from Cairo Film Fest
- Palestinian Children to Attend Cairo International Festival for Children’s Movies
- Cairo Film Festival, First Festival to Present Environmental Award