Writers tackle Haifa’s life in Arabic and English
The first part of the series “Kitab Al Fan” (Art Book) from “Awael Al Ghad” was released in Beirut. The book talks about the famous Lebanese artist Haifa Wahbi’s life, her fame and when she first was discovered. The book is written in both Arabic and English and has high quality pictures of the famous artist.
In the introduction of the book the journalist and director Nabeel Al Baqili said, “Haifa Wahbe did not come to erase those before her, she did not lay any logos, she did not want to express her generation’s feeling in simple words she invited her fans to celebrate simple happy moments.
For her cheerful image all her concerts were always packed with fans that love her whether she sang in Cairo, Damascus, Dubai, Beirut and many other Arab capitals.”
- Italian Producer Tackles Kanafani’s Account of Dispossessed Palestinians
- Egyptian Drama Tackles Arab-Americans’ Life after Sep 11
- Saudi writer: Israel deserves respect
- Haifa Wahbi between Cairo and Damascus
- Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation publishing and delfina foundation announce winner of Arab writing residency programme