Glossy Al-Qaeda ladies' mag offers beauty tips with suicide bombing advice
London, March 14: Al-Qaeda has launched a magazine for women that not only offers beauty and fashion tips but also gives advice on suicide bombings.
The front cover of the glossy magazine, called 'Jihad Cosmo', features the barrel of a sub-machine gun next to a picture of a woman in a veil, reports the Daily Mail.
There are exclusive interviews with martyrs' wives, who praise their husbands' decisions to die in suicide attacks.
The slick, 31-page Al-Shamikha magazine - meaning The Majestic Woman - has advice for singletons on 'marrying a mujahideen'.
Readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujahideen ready for jihad.
And the 'beauty column' instructs women to stay indoors with their faces covered to keep a 'clear complexion'.
They should 'not go out except when necessary' and wear a niqab for 'rewards by complying with the command of Allah Almighty'.
And another article urges readers to give their lives for the Islamist cause.t advises: 'From martyrdom, the believer will gain security, safety and happiness.'
More traditional content for a women's magazine includes features on the merits of honey facemasks, etiquette, first aid and why readers should avoid 'towelling too forcibly'.
The first issue's editorial explains that the magazine's goal is to educate women and involve them in the war against the enemies of Islam.
- Not exactly Care Bears and moonbeams: Tunisian kid's magazine posts recipe for Molotov cocktail
- Women of Afghanistan: fully veiled but opting for nose jobs
- Egypt launches women-only TV channel but no faces allowed
- Keep it non-Muslim! Qaeda chief issues first ever best practice 'Jihad guidelines'
- Al-Qaeda blasts Ahmadinejad's 9/11 conspiracy theories with own 'theory'!