Amal Hijazi, “Comparing Haifa to Najwa is absurd”
Lebanese singer Amal Hijazi said that any comparison between Lebanese singers Haifa Wahbi and Najwa Karam is absurd.
“It is like comparing Egyptian folk singer Shabaan Abd Al Rahim to Lebanese legend Fairouz,” said Amal, because each has their own unique style of singing.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Amal also denied the accuracy of a recent poll that ranked Haifa as Lebanon’s number one singer, followed by Najwa in second place, asserting that Haifa would never outrank Najwa.
Amal said that she does not strive to be included in polls, and what matters to her is the love and respect of her fans. Many new singers enter the music industry for materialistic reasons and not to follow their dream of singing, said Amal.
Amal also denied circulating rumors that she intends to resign from her career, asserting that she loves what she does.
- Amal Hijazi: I refuse to be compared to Alissa, Nancy Ajram and Haifa Wahbi, and use my sexuality to gain fame
- Don't mess with Amal Hijazi! Pop icon fights back after slanderous gossip
- Alissa strikes back at Amal Hijazi's accusations
- Amal Hijazi ranked number one in Lebanon
- Amal Hijazi considers Haifa Wahbi a hot item for attracting hotel customers