Censorship Committee opposes intimate scenes between Khaled and Sireen
Days before the scheduled screening of the latest film “Al Musafer” (The traveler), which was postponed for over a year and a half, the Egyptian Censorship Committee has not yet given its approval for the film demanding that all the intimate scenes be deleted.
According to the Censorship, the movie contains several intimate scenes between the leading stars Egyptian actor Khaled Al Nabawi and Lebanese actress Sireen Abd Al Nour. In addition, the Censorship is also demanding that the scene of Lebanese actress Dana breastfeeding a child must also be deleted.
According to the internet website MBC.net, negotiations are currently taking place between director of the film Ahmad Maher and an official at the Censorship to make modifications to the film in order to approve it for screening. Ahmad is insisting on keeping all the scenes stressing that they are an essential part of the film, but the official at the Censorship is refusing to keep them in the film and is also refusing to make the scenes shorter, which is done in most films.
The Arab Production Company has set July 13 to be the screening date of the film. The film stars prominent Egyptian legendary actor Omar El Shareef, Khaled Al Nabawi, Amro Waked, Shareef Ramzi and Sireen Abd Al Nour.
- Cut it out! Channel in trouble for omitting scenes between Cyrine Abdelnour and Khaled Al Nabawi
- Sireen Abd Al Nour denies intimate scenes with Khaled Nabawi
- Director of “Al Musafer” denies provoking viewers with intimate scenes
- US Embassy opposes screening of Egyptian film
- Yousuf Shaheen strips Nour El Sherif of the leading role in “Ghadab”