Hani Shaker grieves the death of his daughter
On the morning of Wednesday June 22, 2011 the daughter of prominent Egyptian singer Hani Shaker passed away at one of the hospitals in Cairo after a long battle with cancer.
Hani’s daughter Dina had been suffering from stomach cancer and had went on several medical trips to several European countries to receive the proper treatment. Dina’s medical trips were semi successful and she had recovered from the pain for a short time, then the tumor had spread to the point that doctors were not able to control the disease.
According to the internet website MBC.net, the last months in Dina’s life were very painful and Hani halted all his career activities to remain at the side of his daughter. Hani had postponed all previously scheduled performances in the hope that his daughter would recover.
- Hani Shaker smiles again, celebrates son Sharif's engagement to Hiba Hajras
- Raw talent! Hani wows at the Cairo Opera House despite recent back surgery!
- Hany Shaker fulfills daughter's dying wish with "The Dearest of People"
- Hani Shaker performs pilgrimage for his late daughter
- Nour El Shareef fears for the life of his daughter