Khaled Taja in ICU
Prominent Syrian actor Khaled Taja has been admitted to hospital after encountering deterioration to his health due to a decrease in his oxygen level. Khaled was taken to the Al Shami Hospital in Damascus and is currently in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). It is said that the actor suffers from Lung Cancer.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Syrian director Tamer Ishaq said that he and a number of Khaled’s friends went to the hospital to check on the actor but they were unable to see him due to the fact that visitations are prohibited due to the severity of his condition.
Tamer said that doctors assured him that Khaled’s condition is stable and that he is in need of prayers to overcome his ordeal.
Tamer, who is currently directing Khaled’s new television drama “Al Ameemi” noted that the actor did not suffer the deterioration while filming his scenes, but rather while he was home.
The director said that he doubts Khaled will be transferred to the American Hospital in Beirut Lebanon, due to the fact that a group of highly qualified doctors are currently supervising his condition in Damascus.
- This one's on the state! Tunisia foots the medical bills for Abdelmajid Lakhal who remains in critical condition
- Cancer or torture? Rumors of Khalid Taja's death still snowballing
- News of Khaled Taja’s death untrue
- Saloum Haddad to replace Khaled Taja
- Khaled Taja writes his life’s memoirs for a new drama