Lucy defends belly dancers
Egyptian belly dancer Lucy considers 99.9% of Egyptian belly dancers respectable and honorable, stating that their repeated marriages is better than getting involved in illegitimate affairs. She added that despite the fact she married at the age of 16, she and her husband are still together.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Lucy stated that the fact that many Egyptian belly dancers refuse to write their life’s story is a personal matter and no one has the right to have a say in the matter. She added that she may one day consider writing her biography.
The dancer said that she believes that she and belly dancers Dina and Fifi Abdo are the last of the best and all new comers are mere amateurs.
Lucy stressed that she has no intention of resigning from her career and wearing the Islamic headdress hijab. She added that she does not fear the rise of Islamic parties to the political scenes and believes that regardless of who comes to power main goal is to provide democracy, justice and freedom to all citizens.
- Dina considers herself the last of the best
- Belly Dancer Extraordinaire Lucy Prepares For A Second Album That Promises To Be Very 'Different' From What Is Out There
- Dina sued for teaching belly dancing
- Late belly dancer Samia Gamal sparks a conflict between Dina and Lucy
- Lucy prefers staying home over playing seductive roles