Nismah Mahjoub wins first place in Star Academy 8
Egyptian contestant Nismah Mahjoub has won first place in the talent show ‘Star Academy’ in its eight season defeating first runner up Egyptian Ahmad Izzat and second runner up Syrian contestant Sarah Farah. Nismah won the highest percentage of viewers’ votes and received 48.37 percent. Ahmad won 29.8 percent of the votes and Sarah 21.83 percent.
The outcome of the contest was an unexpected surprise, where as it was assumed that Sarah would win the highest percentage of votes, due to the fact that both Nismah and Ahmad are Egyptians and therefore the votes would be divided between them.
Nismah was very happy and honored with winning first place and was congratulated warmly by the head of the Academy Rula Saed as well as her parents.
The final episode of the show witnessed numerous surprises, first the guest of honor Lebanese singer Najwa Karam as well as prominent Tunisian singer Saber Al Ribaee.
Nisma is the second Egyptian that wins first place in the talent show, the first being Mohammad Attieh, who won in the first season of the show eight years ago.
- Saber Ribae’e catches up with Najwa Karam in Australia
- World’s Tallest Hotel JW Marriott Marquis Dubai celebrates 2nd Anniversary
- Here's what's going on in Egypt this week: Apri 27-May 4
- Something to look forward to: Egypt's culture picks of the week: 2-9 February
- Joseph Attieh first Lebanese to win Star Academy title