Sulaf Fawakhirji denies quitting drama over money
Prominent Syrian actress Sulaf Fawakhirji has denied circulating rumors that she has backed out of the leading role in the new Egyptian drama “Shajarat Al Dur”. Sulfa said that she is part of the cast of the drama, despite the unstable financial situation after the 25 January Revolution that overthrew the government of former Egyptian President Husni Mubarak.
According to the London based Elaph, Sulaf declined her nomination for the role twice before accepting, since she did not want to take part in another historical drama after her role in ‘Cleopatra.’ But the producer of the drama from Egyptian National Television persuaded her to accept the offer.
Sulaf said that after the revolution in Egypt, the television station cancelled most of its drama productions. Officials at the station called her and notified her that due to the financial situation her salary will be cut by half, said Sulaf.
Sulaf said that she feels it is her duty as an Arab actress to stay on board the production, and that she considers Egypt to be her second home.
- Sulaf Fawakherji denies getting cash money for her pro-Assad stance
- Lamita Franjieh denies attempted assassination
- Sulaf Fawakhirji justifies her backing out from Carthage
- The bitter truth about Omar Sharif's lonely sad life before and after his Alzheimer's diagnosis
- Arab Halloween: Israeli bombings scarier than wailing zombies