Hizbullah on high alert ahead of Israeli drill
Hizbullah mobilized thousands of fighters in southern Lebanon on Friday ahead of week-long Israeli military exercises due to start on Sunday, an official from the Shiite group said. "The Hizbullah fighters have (been instructed) to be completely ready to confront Israeli maneuvers on Sunday," Nabil Qaouq told AFP. "Thousands of our fighters will not go to the polls (for municipal elections on Sunday) and will be prepared from today" for any eventuality, he added.
"In the event of any new attack on Lebanon, the Israelis will not find anywhere in Palestine to hide," he said.
Dubbed "Turning Point 4," the Israeli exercises are designed to prepare emergency responses to rocket strikes on Israel, with sirens due to ring out across the country on Wednesday and Israelis head for shelters.
- Hizbullah fighters on high alert
- Israel blockades Palestinian lands ahead of holiest day of Jewish calendar; Israeli security forces on high alert
- Palestinian teenager shot dead as Israel on high alert ahead of election
- Israel on high alert along Lebanese, Golan Heights border
- Barak: Israel ready for confrontation with Hizbullah