Eat your hearts out Beyonce and Lady Gaga: Samira Said most popular in France & Spain
Moroccan singer Samira Said is more popular than Lady Gaga and Beyonce… in Spain and France that is!
According to Elaph news, the singer’s latest song (and its music video) “Ma Zal” (Still) is still ranking in top place on French and Spanish TV channels' music chart shows, beating hits by International superstars Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Shakira and Beyonce. Way to go Miss Said!
But “Still” is gaining international momentum as well, as it’s also being aired on Chinese music channels, and has ranked in first place in the Arab world and maintained first place on the music channel “Rotana Music” for five consecutive weeks.
Having “Still” compete on European music charts is a big leap for Samira in her career.
Although the starlet is grieving the death of her mother, and has just returned to Cairo from Morocco after attending her late mum’s funeral, this must come as happy and comforting news to her.
- Music heals the soul: Samira Said overcomes her grief with a new album
- Lady Gaga goes "gaga" for Middle East music app "Anghami"
- Eat your heart out Arab songstresses: Samira Said nominated for “Best Song” at WMA
- A no-go to Monaco! Samira Said won't be accepting her World Music Award in person
- Samira Said conquers number one spot