Woman killed some 20 wounded in Jerusalem blast
A blast near an Israeli bus on Wednesday afternoon killed one woman and wounded some 20 people in central Jerusalem. Four of the wounded were in serious condition. A 59 year old woman died of her injuries in a local hospital.
According to Israeli press reports, an explosive device was planted near bus No. 74. Immediately after the blast a huge force of Israeli police and dozens of ambulances rushed to the scene of the explosion, which occurred near the central bus station at the Western entrance to Jerusalem. According to the Israeli police, Wednesday's blast was the first in a Jerusalm bus since 2004.
Following the blast, Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has delayed his planned departure for an official visit to Russia. The Palestinian Authority prime minister Salam Fayyad condemed the blast.
- One dies, 20 wounded in Syria port blast
- Israeli Police: Jerusalem Bombing Attack Carried Out By Woman; One Israeli Killed, Tens Injured; PA Condemns
- Two Palestinians Killed in Car Blast in Wadi Ara; Palestinian Boy Killed in Jerusalem; Israeli Incursions in Nablus Area
- Some 160 killed and wounded in Karbala bombing attacks
- Some 20 people killed in massive car bomb attack in Baghdad as 13 wounded in Karbala