Algeria: Five troops killed, 10 wounded in attack
Security sources on Sunday said Islamist fighters have bombed a convoy of Algerian soldiers, killing five and wounding 10. The officials conveyed the troops were on an operation to clear out gunmen from the Kabylie region east of the capital Algiers.
When the convoy passed through the town of Zekri, the militants set off a remote-controlled bomb that sent a truck flying off the roadside. The officials stated that five soldiers aboard the truck were killed.
- Bodies of foreigners mutilated in Fallujah as separate bombing attacks kill five occupation troops, wound 10 Iraqis
- Five US troops, seven Iraqis killed in separate incidents
- Attacks kill four Iraqis, five US troops
- Six British troops dead near Basra as US troops kill five Iraqis in separate incidents west of Baghdad
- Yemen: 10 security agents wounded in attack