Algeria foreign exchange reserves hit US$ 155 billion
An Algerian official said on Tuesday, that the foerign exchange reserves of the country amounted to US$ 155 billion at the end of 2010. The Director of the Algerian Ministry of Finance, Abdelmalek Zubaydi stated that the level of reserves would allow the government to continue its economic expansion plans.
There was also a margin of safety for the coming years, he added. According to him, the cost of the reform programs of the Algerian economy amount to about US$286 billion dollars over the next five years.
Algeria has significantly reduced the national debt and now increasingly rely on its own resources to finance development programs. The oil and gas sales abroad contro; some 97% of the country's exports
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts