Alwaleed bin Talal companies to build the tallest tower in the world
Saudi billionaire, Alwaleed bin Talal, is building a 1000 meter tower that will include a hotel, luxurious residential apartments and offices. Talal’s company, The Kingdom Holding Company, announced the execution of the agreement between Jeddah Economic (one of the partner companies) and the Bin Laden Group. The Kingdom Tower will be built in Jeddah on the Red Sea.
The tower will be the highest tower in the world costing 4.6 billion Saudi riyals. The Kingdom Tower will be taller than the Tower Khalifa in Dubai, which is 825 meters tall, built by the Emaar Real Estate
It’s also worth noting that the list of the companies that competed for the project included the alliance of Seif Engineering and Saudi Constructions with the Belgian Six Construct, and the Saudi Oger and the Saudi Ben Laden Group.
Prince Alwaleed, who owns 95% of the Kingdom Holding, developed his fortune by focusing his investments on banks, hotels and media news, which are owned largely by companies like Citigroup (C), News Corp (NWS), Apple (AAPL) and Time Warner (TWX).
Over the past few years, the Prince, one of the richest businessmen in the Middle East for the last two decades, tried to attract new investors and acquisitions around the world. In April, the Kingdom Holding Company and BATELCO signed a non-binding agreement for the purchase of a 25% stake in the Saudi unit of the Mobile Telecommunications Company, Kuwait known as the ZAIN Company, for about $1.2 billion dollars. (www.yallafinance.com)
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Billionaire Prince Alwaleed under fire for not paying employees, buying $485m private jet
- Samsung Corp. to build tallest building in Dubai
- British firm wins contract to manage construction of world's tallest building
- Dubai: Second tallest tower to be built by Saudi group
- No Million Riyal bill here: Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal claims to earn one Riyal a year