Exports by Dubai Chamber members increase in 2010
The value of exports and re-exports by the members of Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry during the last year amounted to AED214.4 billion (US$58.4 billion), a growth of 15.2 percent compared to the value of exports in 2009.
According to the annual report issued by the Dubai Chamber, during the month of December 2010 the highest value of exports and re-exports was registered AED21.1 billion.
According to the report, the number of certificates of origin issued by the Chamber during the year 2010 reached 644,809 compared to 599,303 certificates issued in 2009, an increase of about 6.7%. Meanwhile, the number of new members of the Dubai Chamber during 2010 climbed by more than 9000 members as the total number of members by the end of the year amounted to 117,827 compared with 108,489 members at the end of 2009, an increase of 6.8%.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts