Following MP question: Kuwait releases data on Iranian involvement in economy
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry of Kuwait has conveyed that Iranians are contributing to the capital of 1,378 companies in Kuwait, of which 7 are joint stock companies and 1,371 individual.
According to the statistics, the 7 joint stock companies include Iranian members of the board of directors.
Earlier, the Assistant Undersecretary for Companies, Jamal Shaya, conveyed that the number of individual companies in Kuwait amounts to 65,000, of which about 19,000 companies are active, and 20,000 companies are active but their license expired.
According to these statistics, the Iranian individual companies constitute about 2% of the total individual companies in Kuwait or about 7% of the active companies.
The data on the Iranian involvement in the Kuwaiti market was released by the Ministry of Trade and Industry following a question raised by the Member of Parliament Mohammed Haif.
Tensions between Iran and Kuwait has recently grown after the latter said it dismantled an Iranian spying network.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow