Iran: Third largest importer in the Middle East
The American Information Center ranked Iran as the third largest importer in the Middle East, with import that had amounted to US$ 57 Billion during last year. Iran is ranked 41 in the entire world.
The report suggests that among 200 countries worldwide, the U.S. with imports of US$1563 billion last year was the world's largest importer. Germany with imports of US$966 billion came second and China third with US954 billion imports. According to the report, France is ranked fourth with imports of US$538 billion and Japan is fifth with US$ 499 billion of imports.
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Jordan raises $400M for first phase of Red-Dead project
- 3i Infotech enters GITEX as the third largest regional ERP solution provider in the MENA market
- Dubai is the largest Middle Eastern hub for trade in tyres
- motexha 2007 gets off to a royal start - Sheikh Hasher meets royal designers from East and West at Middle East’s largest B2B marketplace for textile
- UAE economy to become third largest in region