Iran: US, Israel behind anti-government protests
Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani also condemned the protests and blamed the United States and Israel for the move.
Meanwhile, Iranian Prosecutor General and Judiciary Spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei said that the Judiciary will “firmly and swiftly” deal with those behind the riots. According to IRIB, he added that the anti-government protests were sponsored by the United States and anti-revolution currents.
Iranian Deputy Police Chief Brigadier-General Ahmad Reza Radan told reporters on Tuesday that nine security forces were among the injured.
- British FM objects foreign interference in Iranian politics
- Iran says Syria protests are Western plot as reports say 200 killed
- Iranian authorities say eight protesters killed in Sunday clashes
- Anti-Qaeda militia attacked while protests rage in Iraq
- Bolivian president offers resignation amid heavy protests