Israel kills Palestinian activist in Gaza
A blast ripped through a car in Gaza City on Wednesday, killing one person and injuring four others, officials said. According to the AP, Hamas medical official Adham Abu Salmia said officials were still trying to determine the cause of the blast and the identities of the victims.
He however, added unmanned Israeli aircraft had been flying overhead at the time, and radio stations affiliated with both Hamas and the Islamic Jihad groups claimed there had been an Israeli airstrike.
Earlier this month, an Israeli airstrike killed a leader of the Army of Islam, an armed group that is inspired by al-Qaida. Unofficial reports say the Wednesday's attack also killed a member in this group.
- Israel kills five Palestinian activists; Three Palestinians shot dead late Tuesday in Gaza Strip - schoolchildren
- Lebanese activists protest for Gaza in front of U.S. embassy
- Israel assassinates senior Palestinian activist in Gaza; Two Islamic Jihad members killed near Hebron
- One Killed, 12 Injured in Attack on Pakistani Islamic Activists
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, Israel demolishes house of Hamas activist