Kuwait: Inflation on the rise
Official data shows that the rate of inflation in Kuwait for November 2010 increased to 5.9% compared with the same month last year. The inflation rose by 0.6% compared to October 2010.
The monthly report of the Department of the Central Bureau of Statistics indicated the inflation rate in Kuwait measured by the index of consumer prices hit 144.2 points in November while the index for the same month of 2009 reached 136.2 points.The report added that the index for October stood at 143.3 points. The main reason for this increase is the higher prices of food products, which rose by 12.3%, compared to November 2009. The prices of clothing and footwear products rose by 6.5%.
The prices of housing services rose by 5.9%, compared with the month of November of last year, while prices of education and health services climbed by 4.5%.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue