Kuwait mediates between Oman and the UAE
An Omani foreign ministry official on Thursday stated his country had reconciled with the United Arab Emirates after Kuwaiti mediation succeeded in resolving tensions over an alleged spy cell. Last month, Oman said it dismantled a spy cell linked to the UAE that targeted government and military operations.
According to the AP, the UAE government has strongly denied the allegation. The official said Kuwait's emir, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Sabah, shuttled between the two Gulf nations and returned to Oman Thursday along with several UAE officials. They met with Oman's ruler, Sultan Qaboos bin Said.
- UAE to Mediate in Row between Qatar and Bahrain, Saudis Urge for Restraint
- Qatari Newspaper: Syria Mediating to Normalize Relations Between Iraq and Gulf States
- GCC Calls on Iran to Work with Mediators on Islands Dispute
- Tunisia Denies Link to Alleged Spies in Sudan
- Iran Spurns Mediation Committee on Disputed Islands