Nadal set to meet Nishikori in Madrid Open final
The Spaniard gave further evidence he is finding his best form with a straight-sets 6-4 6-3 win over fellow Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut in the semi-finals to close in on a fourth Madrid, and 27th Masters, title.
According to the BBC, Nadal will face Barcelona Open champion Nishikori, who has won 14 matches in succession - including 10 in a row on clay, after the Japanese tenth seed beat Spanish fifth seed David Ferrer 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 6-3 after two hours and 55 minutes.
The report mentioned Nishikori, who will become the first Japanese player to break the ATP top 10, required treatment on his back during the second and third sets in the game although he plowed through his discomfort to set up a final meeting with Nadal. (ANI)
- Nadal wins Madrid Masters
- Nadal's French Open rivals feel Spaniard could be on way to ninth clay-court title
- Wawrinka sets up all-Swiss final with Federer at Monte Carlo Masters
- Nadal advances to fifth US Open semis after win over Robredo
- Nadal overcomes Nishikori to advance to Australian Open quarterfinals