New images of Israeli troops humiliating Palestinians
A rights group on Monday published new images of Israeli troops posing with detainees and vandalising Palestinian properties, in photos apparently taken during the 2008-2009 Gaza war. In one picture, an Israeli soldier points his assault rifle at the face of a blindfolded detainee and in another an officer is seen spray-painting a Star of David and "Back soon" on the wall of a home.
Others show soldiers smiling and posing inside Palestinian homes, in one case while a woman in a headscarf is cooking at a stove.
The latest images were acquired by Breaking the Silence, an Israeli group of veteran combat soldiers who collect testimonies and photos of troops who have served in the occupied territories.
Yehuda Shaul, a founding member of the group, said the group has received dozens of similar pictures that point to a widespread phenomenon.
- Israeli troops admit army used reckless force during Gaza war
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in Gaza Strip, arrest at least 16 in West Bank
- Israeli troops kill three unarmed Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Israeli air-strike kills four Palestinians
- Israeli Troops Shoot Palestinian in the Back near Gaza-Israel Crossing