Over 200 killed and wounded in Syria demonstrations
Syrian security forces killed at least 67 demonstrators in city of Hama on Friday, an opposition activist said. Some 150 people were injured. The death toll is likely to rise.
According to Reuters, protesters have rallied out of mosques after noon prayers and clashed with security forces. Locals said security forces and snipers fired at tens of thousands of demonstrators gathered in the city center.
Syrian forces also opened fire on demonstrations in the eastern city of Deir al-Zor and in Damascus' Barzeh district.
Activists and residents said thousands of people rallied in the northwestern province of Idlib, the Kurdish northeast, several Damascus suburbs, the cities of Homs and Hama and the town of Madaya and Zebadani, in the west.
- Iraq: More than 60 people killed, over 200 wounded in attacks
- Syria: "Humanitarian tragedy" in Dara'a as over 200 members of ruling party quit
- Since signing Arab accord: Over 200 dead in Syria
- Damascus: Syrian security forces disperse some 150 protesters
- Death toll rises to 11 in Saudi fire, 200 injured