Palestinian Authority, Israel hail Bin Laden killing
The Palestinian Authority said on Monday the killing of Osama bin Laden by American forces was "good for the cause of peace."
"Getting rid of Bin Laden is good for the cause of peace worldwide but what counts is to overcome the discourse and the methods -- the violent methods -- that were created and encouraged by Bin Laden and others in the world," PA spokesman Ghassan Khatib said, according to Reuters.
In Israel, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, praised the United States in a statement he made Monday, saying this action was "a victory" for Washington and its allies. Netanyahu said: "This is an outright victory for justice, freedom and common values to all democratic countries that are fighting side by side against terrorism."
- Hamas chief slams Bin Laden killing, method of burial
- Netanyahu warns Palestinians of unilateral moves
- Netanyahu not to voice support for Palestinian state during meeting with Obama
- Netanyahu drops demand to recognize Israel as Jewish state
- Minister: Bin Laden's Brother Hauled in for Questioning in Turkey