Report: Netanyahu delivers peace message to Assad
A Kuwaiti newspaper reported Tuesday, citing what it described as informed political sources in Jerusalem that Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has recently delivered a message to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad through an American intermediary informing him of the possibility of reaching a framework peace agreement within a year. The sources said that the proposed agreement includes the returning of occupied Golan Heights to Syria during a period of ten to 15 years.
The Israeli Prime Minister's Office reacted to the report, saying that Netanyahu has called repeatedly for a resumption of talks with Syria without preconditions. He also expressed his willingness to come to any place for the purpose of conducting these talks.
- Report: Netanyahu told Sarkozy he is ready to speak on Golan pullout
- Report: Netanyahu rejects Assad offer to resume talks
- Erdogan and Assad discuss Israel-Syria peace talks
- Report: Israel sends secret messages to Syria
- Former Prime Minister Netanyahu says Israel should ''seize opportunity'' to renew negotiations with Syria