Source: Arrival of Iranian ships to Syria - message to Israel
A Western diplomatic source in Amman told a Lebanese newspaper said that the real reason to arrival of the two Iranian ships to Syria shores comes within the framework of preparations for a possible Israeli war against Syria or Lebanon. He said that the Israeli military establishment is considering its options in the light of recent regional developments, particularly in Egypt.
The source, who requested not to be named, said that the arrival of the warships is "an Iranian message to those in Israel who consider to open war against Syria. In this case, the war will mean a war also between Iran and Israeli." According to the diplomat, "these ships are equipped to become at any time as a strategic command center for the Iranian missile forces, the two ships can also wage an electronic war and they have the ability to survive an aerial attack, because they are protected with Russian S-300 defense system."
The source said that Israel finds itself in a troubling situation after the regime change in Egypt. He added that Israel is concerned by the possible rising to power of the Muslim Brotherhood. Israel fears now that the regime change in Egypt will lead to the strengthening of Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
- Netanyahu: Israel concerned over the crossing of two Iranian ships via Suez Canal
- Conflicting reports on the mission of Iranian warships in Syria
- Egypt not allowing two Iranian warships pass via Suez Canal
- Sources: Israel warned Syria over possible Hizbullah attacks
- Senior Israeli leader suggests to destroy Hamas regime in Gaza Strip