85 Iraqis arrested by Saudi authorities for smuggling alcohol
Eighty-five Iraqis have been detained smuggling alcohol into the Saudi Kingdom, where it is strictly outlawed, and fined a total of 23,000 dollars, according to Al-Madinah newspaper.
On Saturday, the daily reported that border guards had discovered 671 bottles of alcohol at the Arar border post, which just opened this month after being closed since Iraq invaded Kuwait back in 1990. (Albawaba.com)
- Iraqi Alcohol Smuggler Hospitalized with Stomach Full of Saudi Riyals
- Lebanese Man Dies after Swallowing Fatal Mixture of Alcohol, Tranquilizers
- Three Iraqis sent behind bars for smuggling alcohol into Iran
- Three Britons Arrested in Saudi Arabia for Alcohol Offences
- Report: Mastermind of Riyadh bombings arrested at Internet cafe