ADMAF donates proceeds from the 6th Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival to Gaza
Humanitarian work in Gaza received a boost today as the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation (ADMAF) donated the proceeds of the 6th Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival to UAE Red Crescent, to help their ongoing relief work in the region. ADMAF Founder, Mrs. Hoda I. Al Khamis-Kanoo, presented a cheque of over AED 445,000 to General Secretary Mr. Mohamed Khalifa Al Qumzi, during a ceremony held at the Red Crescent office in Abu Dhabi on 25 June 2009.
Commenting on the donation, Mrs. Hoda Al Khamis Kanoo said:
“The 6th Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival came at a difficult time for the people of Gaza. In line with the spirit of the festival and its theme- “Bilad Al Kheir”- we decided to bring our humble contribution to the efforts to improve the dire humanitarian conditions in this part of Palestine. I am confident that however small our donation, we will have helped to alleviate- at least to some extent- the suffering of Gazans, and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to do so on behalf of the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation.”
Since the establishment of the annual festival in 2004, ADMAF has donated the proceedings from each year to a charity cause. Held in March 2009, the 6th annual Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival featured two weeks of stunning performances from world renowned artists including Angela Gheorghiu, Jonas Kaufmann, the Bolshoi Ballet, Andrea Bocelli, Magida El Roumi and many others. Unique educational and community programmes sought to involve educational institutions and community organizations in the festival with the aim of educating, encouraging and inspiring the new generation of up and coming Emirati artists. In its most successful year to date, the Festival attracted more than 25,000 people to its events.
- Matthew Barley to lead the 6th Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival’s education programme
- Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation and the Embassy of the Dominican Republic present Caribbean Gems
- Abu Dhabi students discover the delights of Shakespeare through workshops presented by ADMAF
- Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation presents “Salam Ya Quds” - a unique concert uniting Arab artists to benefit Palestinian children
- Abu Dhabi Festival extends spirit of ‘Bilad Al Khayr’ with an expanded community programme