Afghanistan: Over 140 civilians wounded in clashes between Taliban, security forces
Afghan security forces in Kunduz, on a mission against Taliban militants. (AFP/Nasir Waqif)
Click here to add Ali Abad as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Abad,
Click here to add Civil Hospital as an alert
Disable alert for Civil Hospital,
Click here to add Kunduz City as an alert
Disable alert for Kunduz City,
Click here to add Saad Mukhtar as an alert
Disable alert for Saad Mukhtar,
Click here to add Taliban as an alert
Disable alert for Taliban,
Click here to add World Health Organization as an alert
Disable alert for World Health Organization
At least half a dozen civilians have been killed and another 147 injured in three days of clashes between security forces and Taliban militants in northern Kunduz province, officials said Sunday.
Provincial public health director Saad Mukhtar told Pajhwok Afghan News they had been delivered six dead bodies and 147 injured civilians during the past three days from Imam Sahib, Chahar Dara, Ali Abad districts and from the outskirts of Kunduz City, the provincial capital.
However, he said the injured were in stable condition. Mukhar said 85 injured people were brought to the hospital on the first day, 47 on the second and 15 on Sunday. They included children and women, he added.
Mukhtar said the Civil Hospital was providing treatment to all the injured day and night. He said the World Health Organization (WHO) had also announced its readiness to support Kunduz hospitals when needed.