Ahmadinejad vows support to Hamas until ”collapse of Israel”
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Friday to keep supporting the Hamas until the "collapse" of Israel." The Khabar news network quoted the Iranian leader as saying in a phone conversation with Hamas leader Ismail Haniya that Tehran considered supporting the Palestinians its religious and national duty and would stay beside the Palestinian nation "until the big victory feast which is collapse of the Zionist regime."
According to Ahmadinejad, the continued Hamas resistance against Israel and the movement's achievements would always be "a source of pride for all Muslims."
On Wednesday, Iran's Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani in a telephone conversation with Haniyeh also praised Palestinian resistance. According to the report of Majlis Media Department, Larijani said, "Intensification of Gaza blockade comes from weakness and problems of the Zionist regime, which is asking for help from others." He expressed confidence that the Israeli occupying regime's plan in this concern would be a total failure, like its other plans such as Annapolis Conference.
Larijani assured Haniyeh that the Iranians and the Islamic Republic will fully support Palestine resistance and will always be with the Palestinians.
- Nasrallah: Israel on a path towards "suicide" in Gaza
- Ahmadinejad: Israel set to collapse
- Gaza Strip: Hamas vows to avenge killing of 14 Palestinians by Israel
- Abbas asks Haniyeh to form new cabinet as Hamas leader says talks with Israel a ”waste of time”
- Israeli Army: Intifada Will Last until 2006, Regional War Possible