Al-Qaeda: Osama Bin Laden Alive
Osama bin Laden is alive and well and planning new attacks, his al-Qaeda network has claimed in a statement published in London.
The London-based Arab daily al-Hayat reported it had received a statement from the al-Qaeda, dated March 26th, claiming 18 US troops had been killed after being taken prisoner by forces of the ousted Taliban regime during immense fighting in the eastern part of Afghanistan.
"Osama bin Laden is safe and in good health and preparing the next steps of his battle," the statement said.
Meanwhile, US President George W. Bush admitted during a television interview last week that he had "no idea" if Osama bin Laden, the world's most wanted terror suspect, was dead or alive.
"But I'll tell you this," he told British television, "he's not making a lot of noise these days, and maybe he's dug in one of those holes, but there is not a hole deep enough."
"We're going to get him if he's still alive." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordanian Astrologist: Bin Laden Born a Stallion - Strict, Merciless and Destined to Beat Bush
- Al Qaeda: Bin Laden alive and leading jihad
- New Al Qaeda video claims Bin Laden alive and well
- Senior Al-Qaeda Leader Killed in Afghanistan; Speculations: May Be Osama Bin Laden
- Russian Defense Minister: It Could Take Years to Dismantle al Qaeda; Osama Bin Laden “Will Be Captured”