Algeria Hosting First Arab Exhibition in 8 Years
Algeria is scheduled to host its first Arab exhibition in March since the civil war erupted eight years ago.
The 1st Gulf 2000 exhibition, which is being organized by Mohammed Al-Ateebah Companies Group, the Emirates Chambers of Industry and Commerce Association, is scheduled for March 22-26.
According to Al-Bayan daily, the goal of the exhibition is to intensify cooperation between the UAE and Algeria.
Until now, Arab companies and countries had refrained from holding fairs in Algeria because of the political situation. It is expected that 136 companies will attend the fair, with 50 percent already confirming their appearance.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- WiMAX makes its mark in the Arab World: 11 Arab countries host 26 commercially launched WiMAX operators.
- Bahrain to Host First Arab Naval and Maritime Conference Next Year
- "Being In-love" exhibition in Algeria
- Dubai to host regional GSM conference and exhibition: Mobile subscribers to rise to 52 million
- Egypt pull out Africa Nations Cup hosting bid for Algeria