Algeria: Six soldiers killed in blast
An Algerian security official said a roadside bomb killed six troops in a region where Islamist groups remain active. According to the official, four other soldiers were wounded in Thursday night's explosion in Cap Djenat. The blast occurred as the soldiers were returning to their barracks.
According to the AP, the official said Friday that the bomb was hidden by the roadside and went off as their vehicle passed. Cap Djenat is in the eastern section of Boumerdes, a region where al-Qaeda in North Africa is especially active.
- Iraq: Four British troops, six American soldiers killed as US copter goes down
- Two American troops die as Iraqi policemen suspected of killing US civilians
- Three Algerian soldiers killed in ambushes
- Iraq: 23 Iraqis, three US troops killed in blasts
- Bomb attack kills two soldiers in Mount Chaambi, Tunisia