Algerian Army Arrests 12 Polisario Members on Way to Morocco
A group of 12 Polisario members, who wanted to return to Morocco, was arrested recently by the Algerian army, according to Maghrib Agency Press (MAP).
Border populations were quotd by the agency as saying "the group had deserted an Algerian military barrack in Tlemcen, where it was undergoing training."
"They were walking their way to the Moroccan eastern regions, when they were intercepted by a brigade of the Algerian National Popular Army (ANP). They were driven to an Algerian barrack, called Abdallah in the Beni Boussaid area in Tlemcen" -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Algerian Army Destroys Logistic Base for ‘Terrorists’
- Polisario Front Frees 201 Prisoners of War
- UN Security Council Meets Tuesday over UN Mission in Sahara
- Report: Algerian forces operate in Tamanrasset region against '\'terrorists'\'
- 34 hostages reported killed in Algerian army raid on gas works: agencies