American and British planes fly over Iraq
American and British warplanes carried out on Wednesday 22 sorties from Kuwaiti airspace, supported by an AWACS which came from Saudi airspace, the official Iraq News Agency INA reported Thursday.
A spokesman for the Iraqi Air Defense Command said that the warplanes flew over the areas of Artawi, Bissiya, Jaleba and Salman.
The “enemy planes”, according to the agency, subsequently left Iraq’s airspace and returned back to their bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, the spokesman added.
Since December 17, 1998 and till April 17, 2002, U.S. and British warplanes carried out a total of 37,686 sorties from Saudi, Kuwaiti and Turkish airspace, of which 11,772 sorties came from Kuwaiti airspace, INA added. (Albawaba.com)
- U.S. and British warplanes fly over Iraq
- Iraqi military: U.S., British attack injures three civilians
- Iraqi military spokesman: US-British attack on Iraq leaves five civilians injured
- Iraqi military spokesman: US, British warplanes “violate Iraq airspace”
- Military Spokesman: US, British warplanes “violate Iraqi airspace”