Attack on Homs continues: At least 39 dead
At least 39 people were killed Thursday in the city of Homs in the fourth day of the massive attack by the Syrian regime forces, activists said. The rocket and mortar of the Syrian army target the neighborhoods of Bab Amro, Inshaat, Khalidiya, Al Bayyada and Jouret al Shayyah, indicated these sources.
According to opposition activists, several hundred people were killed in the past week in Homs, a city located in the center of the country. The Syrian authorities claim security forces are fighting "armed terrorist groups" in the city.
Germany expels Syrian diplomats
Meanwhile, Germany has ordered the expulsion of four Syrian diplomats from its territory. The German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said the four members of the Syrian embassy now have three days to leave Germany. The case is related to the Syrian regime's activities against opposition activists who live in Germany.
The four diplomats are three men and one woman who were employed at the Syrian embassy. Westerwelle mentioned that earlier this week, two Syrian spies were detained in Germany.
- At least 337 dead in Syria army attack on Homs
- Attacks continue in Aleppo, at least 21 dead
- Regime attacks kill at least 10 dead in Aleppo as barrel bombings continue with no sign of abating
- At least 26 dead in Syria as Annan sees signs of improvement
- Syria: Five activists shot dead as regime claims "terrorist ambush" killed four security men