Azerbaijan shooting attack: Syrian, Sudanese students killed
At least 13 people died in a shooting incident at a college in Azerbaijan’s capital city, Baku, on Thursday when a gunman opened fire on teachers and students, officials said. A police source told Reuters the attacker, a Georgian citizen of Azeri origin, was among the dead.
The shooting incident took place at the State Oil Academy in Baku. "According to the current information, 13 are dead and 10 are wounded," a spokesman for the general prosecutor’s office, Eldar Sultanov, was quoted as saying by AFP.
The interior ministry said three foreign citizens – two Sudanese and one Syrian – were among the injured. Other reports said one Sudanese and one Syrian were killed. In Egypt, press reports said the none of the Egyptian students at the State Oil Academy were wounded.
- Palestinian killed, Israeli policeman wounded in shooting attack at East Jerusalem
- Tehran Tells UN: Warning Issued to Azerbaijan over Caspian Oil Dispute
- Iraq: At least 28 dead in blasts as some 60 bodies found
- At least 15 killed in attack at Damascus University
- Jerusalem shooting leaves two dead, fifteen injured - mostly Arabs