Baghdad: Iraqi policeman killed in shooting attack on Jordan embassy; Blast kills US soldier
An official source at the Jordanian Foreign Ministry said that anonymous persons opened fire Thursday morning on the premises of the Jordanian embassy in Baghdad, killing an Iraqi policeman.
According to Petra, the source said no Jordanian diplomat was hurt in the incident, indicating that the embassy in Baghdad was in contact with the concerned authorities to carry out investigations and find out the perpetrators.
"Such desperate attempts will nor prevent Jordan from carrying out its duty towards the Iraqi people till they gain independence and stability returns to Iraq," the source said.
Also on Thursday, an American soldier was killed and two injured when a military convoy was hit by a roadside bomb east of Ramadi, it was ewported. (albawaba.com)
- Russian diplomatic convoy fired on way out from Baghdad; Iraq claims to kill 50 US soldiers
- Jordan condemns bombing attack on Baghdad embassy: More than 10 people killed, most of them Iraqis
- Blasts in Basra and Baghdad kill six Iraqis, wound others as U.S. troops shoot dead top Baghdad official
- Khartoum: U.S. official killed in shooting attack
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa