Baghdad: Scores killed and wounded in suicide bombing
A suicide bomb attack killed at least 28 people and injured 57 on Sunday as recruits gathered at a police academy in central Baghdad, police said. According to Reuters, eight police were among those killed in the attack and the rest were would-be recruits.
The suicide bomber was wearing an explosive vest, and was riding a motorbike also packed with explosives, police said. Following the blast, body parts were scattered at the scene and police struggled to determine the identities of the victims.
- Scores killed in wounded in Baghdad blasts
- 15 killed, 57 wounded in bombings in Baghdad
- Scores of US soldiers wounded in Mosul car bomb attack as rocket kills three civilians in Baghdad mosque
- Scores killed and wounded in Iraq bombing attack
- Iraq: Scores of Kurds killed and wounded in suicide attack as two US soldiers die in blasts