The Banker names NBK Best Bank in Kuwait for 2009
In selecting NBK for the award, The Banker said that NBK, which is the country's largest in asset terms, continued to expand domestically and regionally and despite the global financial crisis managed to produce significant net profits of US$ 925 million providing a healthy 17.4% return on average equity.
The Banker also noted that NBK has succeeded in entering the fast-growing Islamic banking market, through acquiring a 40% stake in Kuwait's Boubyan Bank, adding that NBK continued to lead the domestic market, capturing 28% of the total market growth of new loans, launching 14 new investment funds and opening six new branches in Kuwait bringing its local network to 70 branches in addition to more than 200 ATMs and CDMs.
" The bank, the highest-rated in the Middle East, also reported net profits of US$ 703 million for the first nine months of 2009, with third quarter profits reaching US$ 263 million, a 10% improvement on the US$ 239 million achieved in the third quarter of 2008", the Banker added.
- “The Banker” Names NBK Bank of the Year in the ME for 2010
- Arabian Business Magazine names NBK "Bank of the Year" for 2009
- ” banker middle east ” awards nbk ” the best bank in the middle east 2007”
- The Banker names NBK “Best Bank in ME 2008”
- " Euromoney" recognizes NBK as Best Private Bank in Kuwait for 2009