Bomb Explosion in Gaza as Settlers Convoy Pass, no Wounded
A bomb exploded late Tuesday as a convoy of several cars transporting Israeli settlers was passing on its way to the Netzarim settlement in the Gaza Strip, military sources reported, quoted by AFP.
There were no injuries or damage, the sources added.
According to Reuters, however, the Israeli troops escorting the convoy of Israeli cars in the Gaza Strip foiled an apparent attempt to blow up the vehicles, quoting Israel Radio.
Army Radio said a plastic sheet lying across the street, apparently concealing a bomb, had raised suspicions.
Israel Radio said soldiers ordered the motorists to leave and a short time later an explosion rocked the area. No one was hurt, it said.
The incident occurred close to midnight near a junction leading to the Netzarim Jewish settlement, a flashpoint of clashes earlier this month between Israeli soldiers and stone-throwing Palestinians.
Israeli soldiers and Palestinian police were investigating the incident together, Israel Radio said.
Israel handed over most of the Gaza Strip to Palestinian self-rule in 1994 under a peace deal.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, said Reuters – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Civilian Lightly Wounded from Bomb Explosion in Gaza
- Palestinians Hit Israeli Tank in Gaza Strip; Three Israeli Soldiers Killed
- Israeli Soldier Dies Following Shooting in West Bank
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Palestinian Farmer after Two Explosions in Gaza Strip
- Bomb Hits Israeli Convoy near Gaza, no Injuries